Atrium Behavioral Health Residency Program Director
Location: Charlotte, NC
Atrium Health is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic clinician educator to become the next program director at the Leon and Sandra Levine Psychiatry residency program. Located at Behavioral Health Charlotte, the Sandra and Leon Psychiatry Residency is in its fourth year and accepts four residents a class. The program mission is to train the next generation of clinical leaders in the most state-of-the art care in psychiatry. There is an emphasis on telemedicine as well as community psychiatry. The robust faculty is made up of clinician educators from multiple sub-specialties who assist in the training of learners.
The residency program director responsibilities will include residency program development and evaluation, resident recruitment and selection; resident evaluation and supervision; course/rotation monitoring and evaluation; coordination of all course and rotation scheduling; serving as the chairperson of the residency training committee; and community engagement with physicians, hospitals administrators and community site coordinators. The position is a 1.0 full time opportunity with .5 FTE for education and administration and .5 FTE for clinical care.
Education and Experience:
· At least three years of clinical experience post residency.
· Board Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
· Prior leadership with a record of success.
· Previous teaching experience in a psychiatry residency program required.
· Previous experience as an associate program director or program director preferred.
· Experience in development, implementation, and evaluation of outcomes indicators and/or systems analysis or CQI preferred.
Behavioral Health Charlotte (BHC), is a vital part of Atrium Health. Located in Charlotte North Carolina, it is the largest regional provider of mental health and substance abuse services in the Carolina's. The center provides the most advanced care in the region and multiple treatment options for adults, adolescents and children through a comprehensive, integrated system of inpatient and outpatient services. It has the regions only free-standing emergency room and the largest emergency medicine department in the state.
Atrium Health is the largest healthcare system and most comprehensive provider of mental health and addictions services in the region. We continue to grow our psychiatric medical staff (now over 70) as we invest and expand behavioral health – this last year adding the new hospital, launching projects in primary care integration, virtual BH teams for EDs, and Mental Health First Aid; while expanding tele psychiatry to over 400 visits a month. Excellent compensation and benefits including:
· CME dollars
· Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
· Health insurance and life insurance
· Short and long-term disability, 401K, 457B and pension plan