Traditional OBGYN - McAlister OBGYN
Location: Lincolnton, NC
Atrium Health McAlister OBGYN is actively seeking a BC/BE OB/GYN to join our thriving practice in 2020. McAlister OB/GYN is an established practice consisting of 4 physicians and 2 Advanced Practice Providers.
What you'll enjoy in this practice:
- Deliveries on the main practice campus at Atrium Health Lincoln
- 2 sites within the group: Lincolnton and Denver
- Approximately 26 monthly deliveries and 30 patients/day
- Call Frequency is 1:5
- Level II NICU
- Excellent benefits package
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Allowance
Lincolnton is a wonderful small town, located in the foothills of the NC Mountains with access to hundreds of trails for hiking and outdoor activities. This peaceful, rural town has much to offer families and those seeking a charming close-knit community, while also being within driving distance to the bustling city of Charlotte, NC and the thriving community of Lake Norman.
In July 2010, Atrium Health Lincoln opened a brand new 101-bed hospital and medical office building. From the beginning, the beautiful contemporary facility was designed, planned and constructed with the community in mind. Many of the hospital’s unique features and programs support this vision including:
- A link to local history with the building’s exterior, which contains 300,000 reclaimed bricks from a portion of the Belding-Hausman Mill
- A 1.2-mile public walking trail that encircles the campus, winding past ponds and through natural wooded areas left intact on the land
- A collaboration by three artists called “A Sense of Place” that depicts the evolution of the original farmland on which the hospital is situated into a place of healing
Atrium Health Lincoln offers comprehensive maternity services in a warm and comfortable environment. Our birthing center, New Beginnings, has large spacious rooms where mom remains for the length of her stay including labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum. We practice mother-baby couplet care so that newborns can be cared for at the mother's bedside by the same nurse caring for her.
Each room has a baby shaped sink for easier bathing with a heat lamp overhead to keep baby warm during the bath. For our patient's convenience, each room has a flat screen TV, a sleeper sofa for dad or other support person and a small refrigerator.
In addition to our newborn nursery, we also have a level 2 nursery for babies requiring special care. A pediatric hospitalist is available to manage the care of these babies. We have state of the art infant security system to give peace of mind during our patient's stay.