Division Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology
Location: Charlotte, NC
Atrium Health Levine Children’s is seeking a Division Chief for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. The division currently includes 11 physicians, 4 Advanced Practice Providers and excellent support from registered nurses, outpatient registered dietitians and social workers in a collegial, friendly, and supportive environment. Specialized services include hepatology and liver transplantation, neurogastroenterology and motility, IBD, intestinal rehabilitation/home parenteral nutrition, allergic GI disorders, feeding clinic, cystic fibrosis center and a weight management program. Division physicians and staff are primarily at one of two campuses – Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) in Charlotte and the Jeff Gordon Children’s Center in Concord, NC. Outreach clinics are also held in NC and SC counties in the greater Charlotte Metro region. Ideal candidates would have the following characteristics:
· Expert clinician with at least 10 years of experience
· Successful track record of leadership and mentorship
· Board certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology
· Demonstrated commitment to clinical excellence, education and research development
· Academic accomplishments that support appointment at an Associate or Full Professor
· Demonstrated commitment to collegiality and the highest standards of professionalism
· Leadership and supervision of Division physicians, APPs and staff
· Oversight of outpatient satellite outreach clinics (6 currently with a 7th planned for 2021)
· Establishing and monitoring annual budgets
· Planning and executing clinical growth plans
· Program development and evaluation
· Participation in Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, and system committees and goals
· Faculty development (leadership, clinical, academic)
· Education – medical students, pediatric residents, faculty and Peds GI staff
· Shared call and inpatient consult responsibilities balanced with outpatient clinics
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with Atrium Health partners caring for children needing peds GI care
Charlotte, NC: Ideally situated between mountains and beaches, Charlotte, NC has a metropolitan area of 2.4 million that continues to experience rapid growth. Charlotte is the US’s second largest banking center and has a full array of cultural activities and professional sports teams. Charlotte offers excellent public and private school options, and North Carolina is home to several world-class universities.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital, located on the Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) campus, is the largest children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, offering comprehensive services across all pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties. In 2018, we served children from 19 countries and 49 US states. LCH has 236 beds, and we have more than 150 subspecialists and a network of over 150 primary care pediatricians in Charlotte and surrounding NC and SC counties. LCH has a 20-bed PICU (including cardiovascular ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH has a highly regarded pediatric residency and is a teaching hospital for students of the UNC School of Medicine. We have robust clinical research and quality improvement opportunities. LCH has been ranked by US News & World Report in each of its 13 years, and for 2020-2021, LCH is ranked in eight specialties, including Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Cancer, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, and Orthopedics. Carolinas Medical Center, including Levine Children’s Hospital, is the flagship facility for Atrium Health and has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Jeff Gordon Children’s Center has 53 inpatient beds including a 20-bed NICU, an 8-bed epilepsy monitoring unit, and a 5-bed Progressive Care unit.
Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. Atrium Health has over 3,000 system-employed providers and more than 60,000 employees, operating 45 acute care and specialty hospitals and 900-plus care locations.