Pulmonary/Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant- Charlotte, NC
Location: , NC
Atrium Health, one of the most comprehensive public, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the nation, is actively recruiting a dynamic, Pulmonary/Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for Pulmonary Critical Care Consultants at CMC Main.
Our critical care professionals provide world-class compassionate care to seriously ill or injured patients with conditions that are life-threatening and who require continual monitoring and a comprehensive care plan. Our expert care team of trained physicians and advanced clinical practitioners treat patients at one of our specialty intensive care units: Cardiac Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Intensive Care and Surgery and Neurosurgical Intensive Care. Intensivists provide supervision at this Level I trauma center. Duties will include: admission directly from the emergency department or floor and daily management of hemodynamically complex, respiratory-compromised, critically ill patients. Experience with procedures including but not limited to: central line placement, arterial line placement, and lumbar punctures are required.
Details of this practice and qualified candidate:
- Work schedule – 3 positions: Sun-Thurs 8 hour Evening, Rotating 8 hour (7a-3p) and 13 hour (7a-8p) day shift with rotating weekends. No nights, Weekender position: Friday, Sat, Sun 13 hour day shift (7a-8p)
- Service provides 24/7 coverage with a shift-based model. Shifts are 13 hours long and include days, nights, weekends, and holidays. All other shifts are rotated equally among staff.
- Inpatient- Adults- 100%
- Graduation from an accredited ACNP or PA program.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice. Certification as an ACNP from a nationally recognized certifying body is required.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of PAs is required.
- Post graduate ICU fellowship or experience in an ICU setting as an APP required.
- Interpersonal skills and critical thinking must be demonstrated.
- North Carolina license, North Carolina DEA, BLS and ACLS required.
- Salary guarantee with Performance Incentive
- Employer paid benefits
- CME Allowance
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Please submit an updated CV/resume for consideration.
Atrium Health System is an EOE/AA Employer