Telemedicine/Virtual Health - Experienced APPs- Full-time- Remote- Must be licensed in NC and/or SC!
Location: , NC
Atrium Health, is one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, providing a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout the Southeast region. Join us in providing compassionate, world-class care. Our Mission: To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. Our Vision: To be the first and best choice for care.
We are currently seeking full-time Family Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants to join our Virtual Care team.
Details of position and qualified candidate:
• Schedule: Primarily 8 and 12- hour shifts between 6am-10pm . Since our service operates 24/7/365, shifts will also vary from daytime, evening and overnight hours, which may include some weekends. holidays. Must be able to attend monthly staff meetings in person; however, are remote at this time.
• Staffing Model: Typically 1-4 APPs, depending on shift (+additional APPs during peak flu season/Covid-19)
• Number of Cases- 4 patients per hour on virtual platform, includes video and evisits
• Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required.
• North Carolina Providers must live within 25 miles of the SC state line and South Carolina Providers must live within 40 miles of the NC state line.
• Must be tech savvy and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Providers must have a personal laptop or desktop, webcam, speakers (if not built in) and cell phone available to use during shifts in addition to high speed internet service with a minimum of 200 mbps for upload and download to ensure video calls can be conducted successfully.
Must be comfortable treating children from newborn to 17 as well as adults (babies will mostly be seen for “Mommy questions” e.g., diaper rash, cradle cap, baby acne and our protocols do not allow us to treat kids with fever or ear pain)
The position requires a unique skill to easily and quickly determine conditions that can be seen virtually vs. what must be referred for in-person visit while staying consistent with protocols and treating as many as possible and appropriate.
Please submit an updated resume/CV for consideration. Due to the volume of resumes/CV, only providers who meet the minimum 4 years of experience requirement will be considered.