Experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute | Carolinas Medical Center (Expert CVT Surgery High Acuity)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute’s Cardiothoracic Surgery program is seeking a full-time advanced care practitioner (ACP) to join our growing team. This ACP will function independently in the inpatient hospital and operating room setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team.
· Provide a wide range of surgical and medical services which include first assisting with a myriad of cardiothoracic surgeries and demonstrate an independent competency in endoscopic vein and/or arterial harvesting.
· Coordinate, provide, and assist in providing comprehensive quality patient care to the Cardiology sub-specialty in collaboration with a supervising physician.
· Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and consultation under direction of the supervising physician.
· Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
· Weekends, Holidays, and Call required on a rotating schedule
· Eligible for overtime, PTO, and Performance Incentive Bonuses
· $2500/5 days of CME
· Knowledge and skill set of pre-, peri-, and postoperative procedures
· Performs a wide range of surgical/medical procedures including first assisting.
· Performs endoscopic vein and artery harvesting proficiently using the Hemopro system
· Strong knowledge of EMR systems
· Obtain detailed history and physicals on consultations and admissions
· Order and interpret a variety of laboratory and diagnostic testing when indicated for appropriate assessment and treatment.
· Participates in education and training of ACP students, ACP Fellows, and on-boarding of new ACP hires (when appropriate)
· Attends and participates in Atrium Health and Sanger required meetings, education, development sessions
· Ability to work independently and efficiently with strong decision-making skills.
· Strong communication skills, appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate
· Must be a team play while working with a variety of MDs and ACPs for inpatient management and coordination of patient care.
Education, Experience and Certifications. Master’s Degree required. Completion of an approved NP/PA Program with current license to practice as a NP/PA in the state of North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Medical Examiner required. Experience in Cardiothoracic or Vascular surgery preferred. Prescription privilege from the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy required. Basic Life Support (BLS HCP) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Provider from AHA. Nurse Practitioner must be Acute Care Certified.