CRNA-PRN - Atrium Health - Several locations
Location: Charlotte/Pineville/University/Union, NC
Employment Type: PRN
Salary: $100.00 (Hourly)
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Anesthesia
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Job Summary Administers intravenous, inhaled, regional, or other anesthetics to render patients insensible to pain during medical or surgical procedures. Maintains anesthetics at required levels and supports life functions during the administration of anesthesia, under the supervision of a licensed anesthesiologist. Essential Functions
- Conducts pre-anesthetic evaluation of patient.
- Develops and collaborates anesthetic care plan with the anesthesiologist that considers the patient's present condition, age, physical status and operative, diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedure.
- Performs life support functions including Endotracheal intubation.
- Manages blood, fluid, electrolyte loss and replacement in maintenance of cardiovascular and respiratory function.
- Reports abnormal patient response to anesthesia and administers and adjunctive medication or other forms of therapy.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient's anesthetic care plan.
- Observes and assesses the patient continuously and documents the patient's vital signs to be noted on the anesthesia record at least every five minutes.
- Accepts in-house call assignments when scheduled.
- Serves as a clinical instructor to supervise student nurse anesthetists clinically.
Physical Requirements Able to work in a fast-paced surgical setting. Requires walking, standing, lifting and handling of supplies and equipment. Must be able to react and perform appropriately in stressful situations. Education, Experience and Certifications NC RN licensure required. Graduate of an accredited School of Nurse Anesthesia required. CRNA licensure required. BLS HCP from AHA required. ACLS preferred. At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) is one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations, connecting patients with on-demand care, world-class specialists and the region’s largest primary care network. A recognized leader in healthcare delivery, quality and innovation, our foundation rests on providing clinically excellent and compassionate care.
We’ve been serving our community since 1940, when we opened our doors as Charlotte Memorial Hospital. Since then, our network has grown to include more than 40 hospitals and 900 care locations ranging from doctors’ offices to behavioral health centers to nursing homes.
Our focus: delivering the highest quality patient care, supporting medical research and education, and joining with partners outside our walls to keep our community healthy.