Atrium Health Mercy (Charlotte, NC)Full Time/PRN Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Opportunities(Provides Sign Bonus- Student Loan Repayment)
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Clinical Coordinator
- CRNA II
- CRNA I
New Graduates - Full Time:$50,000 Student Loan Reimbursement (over 5 years)
Experienced Providers -Full Time: $30,000 Sign-On Bonus ($10,000 increments over 3 years)
Provides professional and competent anesthesia care to a wide variety of patients (from infant to adult geriatric) requiring surgical, obstetrical and other anesthesia services. Assesses the patients physical and mental health including the patient's reaction to illnesses. Plans, initiates, delivers, and evaluates appropriate nursing acts. Essential Functions:
- Performs pre-anesthetic evaluation of patient.
- Transports patient from the holding area to the operating room.
- Develops and collaborates anesthetic care plan with the anesthesiologist that considers the patient's present condition, age, physical status and operative, diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedure.
- Performs Endotracheal intubation.
- Manages blood, fluid, electrolyte loss and replacement in maintenance of cardiovascular and respiratory function.
- Reports abnormal patient response to anesthesia, and administers treatment, adjunctive medication or other forms of therapy.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient's anesthetic care plan.
- Documents patient's vital signs on the anesthesia record at least every five minutes, including all medications.
- Accepts in-house call assignments when scheduled.
- Serves as a clinical instructor to supervise student nurse anesthetists clinically.
Education, Experience and Certifications: License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina required. Graduate of an accredited school of Nurse Anesthesia required. CRNA license required. BLS and ACLS HCP from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Among Charlotte's many notable attractions, some of the most popular include the Carolina Panthers of the NFL, the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA, the Charlotte Knights of the International League, the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL, the Charlotte Independence of the USL, the Charlotte Hounds of Major League Lacrosse, two NASCAR Cup Series races and the NASCAR All-Star Race, the Wells Fargo Championship, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, the Charlotte Ballet, Children's Theatre of Charlotte, Carowinds amusement park, and the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
Charlotte has a humid subtropical climate. It is located several miles east of the Catawba River and southeast of Lake Norman, the largest man-made lake in North Carolina. Lake Wylie and Mountain Island Lake are two smaller man-made lakes located near the city.
An adult acute care facility with 185 beds, Atrium Health Mercy, a facility of Carolinas Medical Center, has many advanced specialties including the Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute, The Foot and Ankle Institute, the Hip and Knee Center, Atrium Health Weight Management, and the family medicine residency training program.