Acute Care - Child Neurology
Location: Charlotte, NC
Advanced Practice Provider – Child Neurology
Carolinas Pediatric Neurology Care is seeking an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their team in Concord, NC. This role functions independently in the outpatient clinic-based setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and will also have occasional in-patient responsibilities. The division is presently 8 Child Neurologists, including 4 Pediatric Epileptologists. In addition, 4 Nurse Practitioners complement the team between the two primary locations. Essential Functions
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments.
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
- Performs minor office-based medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications.
- Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations.
- Determines treatment plan for patient.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Previous experience as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required. (No new graduates.)
- Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse required
- Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required
- PNP-AC board certification required
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Masters Degree preferred
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred
Ideally situated between mountains and beaches, Charlotte, NC has a metropolitan area of 2.4 million that continues to experience rapid growth. Charlotte is the US’s second largest banking center and has a full array of cultural activities and professional sports teams. Charlotte offers excellent public and private school options, and North Carolina is home to several world-class universities.
Jeff Gordon Children’s Center (JGCC), located within 420 bed Atrium Health Cabarrus, is a 53-bed children’s hospital within Atrium Health that serves Cabarrus and the surrounding counties to deliver inpatient and sub-specialty care to the pediatric patients of that community. The children’s hospital has a general pediatric unit, Progressive Care Unit, and a 25 bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. JGCC is home to the regions only dedicated pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) and is a Level 3 EMU designated by the National Association for Epilepsy Centers. JGCH also has a Children’s Advocacy Center that is accredited through National Children’s Alliance and serves pediatric victims of physical and/or sexual abuse.