Levine Cancer Institute | Full-Time Hematology Weekender APP Opportunity
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Atrium Health/Levine Cancer Institute is looking for an experienced full time advanced practice provider (APP) specialized in Hematology/Oncology to provide quality health services to the patients in the Charlotte and surrounding community. This position is occupied by AGACNP/ACNP nurse practitioners (NP) and/or physician assistants (PA) who care for patients in the hospital as they go through diagnosis/treatment of Hematologic Malignancies. The APP is responsible for evaluating and treating patients with hematologic malignancies and/or hematologic disorders, including but not limited to stem cell transplant patients.
- Inpatient, CMC-Main
- Full-time (40 hours)
- Day shift, combination of 10 and 12 hour shifts including Saturday and Sunday (0700-1900)
- Holidays required
- No call
- Teaching opportunities with APP and Physician Fellows
- Bone Marrow Biopsy and Aspirate procedural skills will be required as part of training
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Must be Acute Care NP or Physician Assistant. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Current or pending CAQ certification preferred.
- 1+ years of experience preferred. Hematology/Oncology experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fast paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform thorough history and physical assessment. Able to work with multidisciplinary team.
- NC Licensure
Levine Cancer Institute operates within a unique model of care that provides diverse communities access to world-class care, close to home. This academic hybrid model combines two important bodies of work – academics and oncology research – with compassionate, community-based cancer care.
Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia. Atrium Health has over 2,500 system-employed providers and more than 60,000 employees, operating more than 45 acute care and specialty hospitals and 900-plus care locations.