Thoracic Surgeon - Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute | Charlotte
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, in conjunction with Levine Cancer Institute, is seeking applications for a full-time thoracic surgeon to join our Division of Thoracic Surgery. The Division of Thoracic Surgery was recently formed to provide comprehensive thoracic surgery care to patients throughout the Atrium Health System and across the Carolinas. This position is part of a multi-year program to increase the number of surgeons in the division in anticipation of rapid growth in the number of patients we serve.
About the Opportunity:
· Surgeon must be BC/BE in thoracic surgery and have completed an ACGME approved Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency or equivalent
· Should either have a current North Carolina Medical License or be eligible for application
· Have experience and expertise in aspects of general thoracic surgery, including thoracic oncology, minimally invasive thoracic surgery, and esophageal disorders, including cancer
· Be able to support growth of thoracic surgical volumes by providing system wide access to the highest quality, efficient and affordable care to patients across the regional network
· Have the ability to possess excellent communication skills and promote a collegial approach to patient care
About the Practice:
· Currently there are 4 Thoracic Surgeons at two facilities within Atrium Health and around the clock coverage by ACPs to support patient care on the units and in the OR
· Large tertiary referral center
· Great collegiality within the practice and support among other specialists and administration
· Competitive two-year salary guarantee
· Comprehensive benefits for Physician and Family
· 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
· Relocation stipend
· PTO and paid CME time
To learn more or to submit a CV for confidential consideration, please contact:
Meredith Valentine, Atrium Health Physician Recruiter
Charlotte is one of the nation’s fastest-growing big cities and is projected to increase in population 71% by 2030. The area features the following attributes: World-class entertainment, eclectic culinary experiences, as well as an abundance of arts, musical, and cultural opportunities. Numerous professional sports including the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Hornets, NASCAR, Carolina Knights baseball, Charlotte Checkers hockey and world-class training facilities at the US National Whitewater Center, as well as unlimited year-round recreational opportunities. Excellent public and private schools and numerous top ranked colleges and universities throughout the greater Charlotte region. Easy access to beautiful Blue Ridge mountains and some of the nation’s most popular beaches. Immediate airport access and convenient proximity to multiple major metropolitan areas.
Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute and the Levine Cancer Institute are both part of Atrium Health, one of the nation’s largest not for profit healthcare systems. The system includes more than 7,600 licensed beds, with 60,000 employees and 900 care locations across the Carolinas. Levine Cancer Institute is one of the largest oncology programs in the country treating more than 11,000 patients a year at 25 locations across the region. The Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute provides world class care to patients with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases at more than 20 locations in the Carolinas.