Site-Based Medical Director/Trauma Director
Location: Shelby, NC
The Department of Surgery at Atrium Health, is seeking a Site Based Medical Director and Trauma Director for Shelby Surgical Associates in Shelby, NC. We are looking for an experienced General Surgeon with Emergency General Surgery and Acute Care Surgery experience, who can lead a practice of 7 surgeons, 2 ACPs and 15 teammates.
Details about the opportunity include:
· We service the Cleveland County community.
· Experienced General Surgeon with EGS and ACS experience necessary, with also an interest in Trauma. This is a Site Based Medical Director and Trauma Director position.
· Leadership experience necessary; one who can be an advocate for the physicians while also adhering to organizational policies.
· Shared call 1:6.
· Busy community practice, affiliated with Cleveland Hospital.
· A variety of surgery providers work at the practice – with bread and butter general surgery, full breadth of breast surgery, appendectomy, minimally invasive surgery, gallbladder & abdominal surgery, reflux and esophageal surgery and robotic surgery. Bigger cases are referred out.
Shelby has numerous parks and playgrounds including Holly Oak Park, Junior Women Club Park, Optimist Park, Plaster Park, Ezra Bridge Park, and Hickory Creek Park. The Central Shelby Historic District and Challenger 3 Amusement Park are also worth visiting. One can also enjoy shopping at Sky City Shopping Center, Huxley Village Shopping Center, Shelby Plaza Shopping Center, Cleveland Mall, and Hickory Creek Shopping Center.
Carolinas HealthCare System Cleveland in Shelby is a 241-bed hospital serving greater Cleveland County, NC, and the surrounding region. We were the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced emergency care.