Heart Failure & Transplant Physician - Atrium Health Main Campus
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute, part of Atrium Health, is currently seeking a Heart Failure & Transplant Physician to join their established practice in Charlotte, NC.
Qualified candidates should be:
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Advance Heart Failure/Transplant
- Eager to work in a growing, high-volume practice
- Interested in both outpatient and inpatient care (15 outpatient/day and 15-30 inpatient/day)
- Primarily Transplant weekend night and weekend call is approximately 1:6 weekends. Minimal general call responsibility with APP as front line.
- Optional: Able to perform right heart catheterizations and RV biopsies
- The practice is a strong, multidisciplinary team which provides comprehensive patient care with excellent outcomes for the transplant and VAD patients
- Large size advanced therapy center averaging 70 MCS and transplants per year
- Inpatient, outpatient, virtual care, and cath lab
- Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute offers over 30 years of heart transplant experience and the region’s only heart transplant center, with outcomes that rank among the best in the nation
- Advanced treatment options include LVADs and the total artificial heart; additional surgical and minimally invasive options including bypass surgery, heart valve surgery, and implantable heart devices
- Some of the best survival rates in the nation and the first center in the Carolinas to transplant a total artificial heart
About the practice:
- Team is comprised of 7 physicians and 14 APPs across 4 facilities, 2 clinical pharmacists, 2 social workers, 2 nurse navigators, 4 clinical nurses, and various other clerical support staff
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the Southeast's largest cardiac and vascular programs providing the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. Sanger employs more than 110 physicians in a network of more than 25 locations to provide the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease. Sanger has more than 50 years of experience in providing comprehensive acute and chronic cardiovascular services, including the region's only heart transplant center and pediatric heart surgery program.