Location: Concord, NC
A fast-growing economy is one of the many assets of Concord, a city situated 20 miles from Charlotte. Concord features tourism attractions like Charlotte Motor Speedway and a regional Concord Mills shopping mall, and the city’s largest employer is Carolina Medical Center-Northeast with 4,500 employees. Higher education opportunities are available at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and Barber-Scotia College, and diverse housing options range from $150,000 homes to multimillion-dollar estates. Transportation assets include Interstate 85 and Concord Regional Airport.
Atrium Health – Levine Children’s is looking for a board certified or board eligible neonatologist to join their growing team. This position would be to work together with 4 other neonatologists to cover two Level 3 regional hospitals. Carolinas HealthCare System – Northeast (soon to be Atrium Health Cabarrus) and Carolinas HealthCare System – University (soon to be Atrium Health University City).
- Both facilities have Level 3 NICU’s and care for babies 28 weeks and above (University) and 26 weeks and above (Northeast) in the Special Care nurseries.
- There are ~4000 deliveries between the 2 hospitals per year.
- Average daily census at CHS-Northeast is 14 with Nurse Practitioner support during the day and Physicians in house at night.
- CHS-NE has pediatric sub-specialists on site for consultations.
- Average census at CHS-University is 4 with Nurse Practitioners in house and Physicians providing call from home.
- Newborn nursery patients at CMC-University are covered together by Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners.
- Babies younger than 26 weeks or who require ongoing subspecialty care are referred to Levine Children’s Hospital.
Jeff Gordon Children’s Center (JGCC), located within 420 bed CHS Northeast, is a 53-bed children’s hospital within Atrium Health that serves Cabarrus and the surrounding counties to deliver inpatient and sub-specialty care to the pediatric patients of that community. The children’s hospital has a general pediatric unit, Progressive Care Unit, and a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. JGCC is home to the regions only dedicated pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) and is a Level 3 EMU designated by the National Association for Epilepsy Centers. It has also been accredited through The Joint Commission for disease specific certification for Epilepsy. JGCH also has a Children’s Advocacy Center that is accredited through National Children’s Alliance and serves pediatric victims of physical and/or sexual abuse. Support services are available to the patients and families we serve with Certified Child Life Specialists throughout the children’s hospital and ancillary departments. With an active Family Advisory Council, JGCH continuously evaluates and adapts to the needs of the patients and families we serve.
Atrium Health – Levine Children’s Hospital is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping families stay close to home. The freestanding children’s hospital has 12 floors with a total of 234 patient beds, including a 20-bed, combined Cardiovascular/Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, a 20-bed Day Hospital and an 85- bed Neonatal ICU. Six different specialties have been ranked in the Top 50 of this year’s U.S. News & World Report listing of “Best Children’s Hospital” including for Cancer, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery and Orthopedics.