General and Vascular Surgeon
Location: Shelby, NC
The Department of Surgery at Atrium Health is seeking a general and vascular surgeon for Shelby Surgical Associates (Shelby, NC).? We are looking for an experienced General Surgeon with vascular and trauma experience who can join a practice of 7 surgeons, 2 ACPs, and 15 teammates.
Details about the opportunity include:
- We service the Cleveland County community.
- General surgery trauma and EGS experience necessary. Vascular surgery can be a robust part of this opportunity, two surgeons currently perform vascular surgery.
- Shared call 1:6. One surgeon is EGS/ACS focused and covers greater proportion of daily call
- Busy community practice affiliated with Atrium Health Cleveland.
- The group is a cohesive mix of reputable surgeons with a variety of professional interests – bread and butter general surgery, full breadth of breast surgery, urgent surgical conditions, minimally invasive surgery, gallbladder & abdominal surgery, reflux and esophageal surgery and robotic surgery.
- Strong relationships across Atrium Health with surgical specialists
Shelby has numerous parks and playgrounds including Holly Oak Park, Junior Women Club Park, Optimist Park, Plaster Park, Ezra Bridge Park, and Hickory Creek Park. The Central Shelby Historic District and Challenger 3 Amusement Park are also worth visiting. One can also enjoy shopping at Sky City Shopping Center, Huxley Village Shopping Center, Shelby Plaza Shopping Center, Cleveland Mall, and Hickory Creek Shopping Center.
Affectionately known as the "City of Pleasant Living”, Shelby is located at the confluence of the beautiful rolling foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the bustling Metrolina region of the Carolinas. It also has convenient access to two international airports - Charlotte-Douglas, a short 50-minute drive and Greenville-Spartanburg, a quick hour and 15-minute drive just over the South Carolina state line.
Atrium Health-Cleveland in Shelby is a 241-bed hospital serving greater Cleveland County, NC, and the surrounding region. We were the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced emergency care. Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing over 65,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis.