Hematology Part-Time Weekender - NP/PA
Location: Charlotte, NC
Atrium Health/Levine Cancer is looking for an experienced full time advanced clinical practitioner (ACP) specialized in Hematology/Oncology to provide quality health services to the patients in the Charlotte and surrounding community. This position is occupied by AGACNP/ACNP nurse practitioners (NP) and/or physician assistants (PA) who care for patients in the hospital as they go through diagnosis/treatment of Hematologic Malignancies. The ACP is responsible for evaluating and treating patients with hematologic malignancies and/or hematologic disorders, including but not limited to stem cell transplant patients.
· Inpatient, CMC-Main
· Part-time (20 hours)
· Day shift, Saturday and Sunday, 0700-1700
· Holidays may be required
· No call
· Teaching opportunities with ACP and Physician Fellows
· Bone Marrow Biopsy and Aspirate procedural skills may be required as part of training
· Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Must be Acute Care NP or Physician Assistant. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required.
· Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice.
· Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Current or pending CAQ certification preferred.
· +1 years of experience preferred. Hematology/Oncology experience preferred but not required.
· Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fast paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform thorough history and physical assessment. Able to work with multidisciplinary team.
· NC Licensure