Inpatient Academic Internal Medicine position - in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
Atrium Health is recruiting an Internal Medicine physician with faculty experience to join our Inpatient Teaching Faculty at our affiliate, Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge (CHS Blue Ridge). Our Internal Medicine program is a small training program in western North Carolina in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Our program provides broad-based training for physicians interested in rural practice.
- 7 on/6 off schedule, one day in the week off will need to be available for administrative duties
- 24 days given to use for ETOP in exchange for assisting with administrative duties during week off
- Stable, fully staffed, experienced Hospitalist group
- Program emphasis on cost conscious medicine and difficulties faced by physicians practicing in rural America
- Provides residents with a diverse learning environment utilizing primary, secondary and tertiary training sites in western NC, all rich with pathology
Morganton, known as “Nature’s Playground” is about an hour northwest of Charlotte and about an hour east of Asheville along the I40 corridor in the foothills of the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains. Discover Burke County, with a population of approximately 90,000, offers an abundance of recreation including hiking, biking, camping, fishing, boating, cycling, rock climbing, golf, and is an easy hour drive to some of the best skiing in the eastern US.
Explore the area via a variety of tours available from Beer, Barbeque and Whiskey, area Winery tours or Zipline through Catawba Meadows Park. Morganton sits on the Catawba River and in addition to the lovely scenic landscapes, the area offers wonderful shopping and dining, a thriving downtown and state-of-the-art theater that hosts Broadway shows.
For additional information, please submit Cover Letter and CV. Thank you!