Pulmonary/Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant- Pineville, NC
Location: , NC
Atrium Health, one of the most comprehensive public, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the nation, is actively recruiting a dynamic, Pulmonary/Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for Pulmonary Critical Care at Atrium Health Pineville.
Our critical care professionals provide world-class compassionate care to seriously ill or injured patients with conditions that are life-threatening and who require continual monitoring and a comprehensive care plan. Our expert care team of trained physicians and advanced practice providers treat patients at one of our specialty intensive care units: Medical Intensive Care, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Intensive Care. Intensivists provide supervision at this hospital. Duties will include: daily management of hemodynamically complex, respiratory-compromised, critically ill patients including those who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery. Experience with procedures including but not limited to: endotracheal intubation, insertion of central venous catheters and arterial lines, IABP removal, and chest tube insertion/removal.
Details of this practice and qualified candidate:
- Work schedule – Rotating 13-hour shifts, Monday – Friday days and Monday – Sunday nights
- Service provides 24/7 coverage with a shift-based model. Shifts are 13 hours long and include weekdays, nights, night weekends, and holidays. All shifts are rotated equally among staff.
- Inpatient- Adults- 100%
- Graduation from an accredited ACNP or PA program.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice. Certification as an ACNP from a nationally recognized certifying body is required.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of PAs is required.
- Post graduate ICU fellowship or experience in an ICU setting as an APP required.
- Interpersonal skills and critical thinking must be demonstrated.
- North Carolina license, North Carolina DEA, BLS and ACLS required.
- Salary guarantee with Performance Incentive ( additional pay including OT and differential pay)
- Employer paid benefits
- CME Allowance
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Please submit an updated CV/resume for consideration.
Atrium Health System is an EOE/AA Employer