Southeast Pediatrics is looking for Acute Care Advanced Care Practitioners to join their dynamic Pediatric team
Location: Whiteville, NC
These are Full Time positions including call coverage for the ED and newborn nursery. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will build their own panel of patients as well as assist the team in providing care for children requiring hospitalization while under the supervision, and in collaboration with, their supervising physician. The ACPs will be responsible for seeing patients in the clinic, assisting with admissions and daily rounding when necessary.
- Well child and sick visits in the clinic
- Shares ED and Newborn Nursery call with the Pediatric team
- Admits and rounds on inpatients
- Newborn nursery rounding
- Performs minor medical procedures
- Writes appropriate prescriptions
- Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations
- Determines treatment plan for patient
- Documents all patient encounters, observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner in the patient's medical record
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- 1-2 years of experience preferred, preferably in pediatrics
- Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in North Carolina
- Must have or be eligible for a DEA license
- Master’s degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required (NP Applicants)
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required (PA Applicants)
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred (PA Applicants)
- Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm
- Shifts may include evenings, nights and/or weekends determined as needs of the practice and community arise
- Call coverage required
Whiteville provides a friendly, small town atmosphere with wonderful amenities including Lake Waccamaw, one of the largest natural lakes on the East Coast. Plus, it is less than an hour drive from both the North and South Carolina sandy beaches and the bustling town of Wilmington, home to the University of North Carolina-Wilmington!
Southeast Pediatrics is part of the Columbus Regional Health Network, serving Columbus Regional Healthcare System, a 154 private licensed bed, state of the art facility in the heart of Columbus County. CRHS boasts an impressive and highly trained medical staff and other healthcare professionals who represent a range of specialties and are dedicated to the well-being of every patient in their care.
Columbus Regional is managed by their partner, Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations, which provides healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia. Altogether, Atrium has over 2,500 system-employed providers operating nearly 40 acute care and specialty hospitals and 900+ care locations. So while you are practicing in a smaller area, you have a larger system of ACP and administrative counterparts at your fingertips!