Cardiology APP for Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute in Shelby
Location: Shelby, NC
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute at Shelby is seeking a full-time Cardiology NP or PA to provide quality care to the patients we serve in the Shelby community. This Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will be part of an established team of specialized cardiology Physicians and APPs.
This role will be an integral component of a high functioning team providing highly specialized cardiology care focusing on all aspects of adult cardiology care. The successful applicant will care for cardiology patients under the supervision of the physicians with potential to serve both IP and OP populations.
· Hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Join current team of 5 MD’s and 2 APP’s
· No call coverage
· This position is eligible for the annual Performance Incentive Bonus and CME allowance.
· Cardiology experience is preferred as well as at least 3 years of experience as a NP/PA.
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relevant experience and/or surgical background preferred.
- Nurse Practitioner – Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Acute Care board certification required based upon population and acuity served.
- Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Cleveland County is nestled in the rolling Piedmont of the southwestern portion of North Carolina in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. It is the gateway between Asheville and Charlotte. Cleveland County is centered between two of the largest metropolitan area of the Carolinas – Charlotte and Greenville/Spartanburg. In addition to providing spectacular changing seasons, the area offers steep mountains in one direction, wide beaches in the other, and is surrounded by an array of bustling metropolitan centers, all close enough to be forever tempting day-trippers. With the family-oriented lifestyle, small-town charm, and Southern, festival atmosphere, Cleveland County is a great place to live, work, play and enjoy life.
Atrium Health Cleveland in Shelby is a 241-bed hospital serving greater Cleveland County, NC, and the surrounding region. We were the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced emergency care.
We strive every day to bring advanced care to the community. We also believe in serving the community outside our hospital walls, as evidenced by our commitment to health education, and through our contributions to organizations such as United Way and Relay for Life.