Seeking Experienced Pulmonary Medicine Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for our new Lung Nodule Program - Charlotte, NC
Location: , NC
Atrium Health, one of the most comprehensive public, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the nation, is actively recruiting a dynamic, Pulmonary Medicine Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for our new Lung Nodule Program.
This position will be dedicated to early detection of lung cancer through lung cancer screening program/preventative care and new incidental lung nodule program to manage patients in a timely manner who may have an abnormal nodule requiring follow up. Essential Functions: Perform medical history, physical exam & document findings and prepare plan of care in a timely manner including prescribing medications and ordering appropriate tests/procedures. Attend, participate in and contribute to group/practice meetings, development of policies and procedures, quality improvement initiatives
Details of this practice and qualified candidate:
- Physical practice is located in Center City Charlotte, NC
- Work schedule – Monday- Friday 8am-5pm, Rotation to nights / weekends only as needed for emergent/critical staffing shortages i.e. COVID surge
- Primarily outpatient with some inpatient encounters.
- In person office visits and virtual visits
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of PAs is required.
- 1- 2 years of APP experience preferred; post graduate Pulmonary Medicine fellowship and/or Pulmonary Medicine experience is a plus; interest in preventive medicine
- Interpersonal skills and critical thinking must be demonstrated.
- North Carolina license, North Carolina DEA, BLS and ACLS required.
- Experience with procedure of thoracentesis preferred, but not required. Training available as needed.
Lung Nodule Program:
- Lung Cancer Screening (3 years) & Incidental Lung nodule programs (Go Live January 2021) are new to Atrium.
- There’s a large population of smokers/former smokers that are eligible to be screened and the ILN program will activate follow up for appropriate patients.
- Both programs have a tracking software that helps with the management of patients.
- APP will receive referrals for patients for either program and will work closely with a team of Navigators/Care Coordinators/Lung Cancer Care Coordinator in the clinic to ensure patient’s receive the next level of care needed. Early detection of lung cancer is the goal.
- Salary guarantee with Performance Incentive
- Employer paid benefits
- CME Allowance
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Please submit an updated CV/resume for consideration.
Atrium Health System is an EOE/AA Employer