ACP - PRN Pediatric Hospitalist (Part Time)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Atrium Health Levine Children’s is looking for a PRN Acute Care Advanced Care Practitioner (ACP) to join their dynamic Pediatric Hospitalist team. This position would work 2-4 shifts per month as needed at Atrium Health Union, CHS Northeast and Levine Children’s Hospital. Shifts include potential days, evenings, nights and weekends. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will assist the team in providing care for children during their hospitalization while under the supervision and in collaboration with a licensed physician. The ACP will be responsible for assisting with admissions, daily rounding, discharge planning, discharge documentation, as a member of a care team.
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care
- Performs minor medical procedures
- Writes appropriate prescriptions
- Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations
- Determines treatment plan for patient
- Documents all patient encounters, observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- 1-2 years of inpatient experience required, preferably in pediatrics
- Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works
- Must have or be eligible for a DEA license
- PNP-AC certification required (NP Applicants)
- Master’s degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required (NP Applicants)
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required (PA Applicants)
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred (PA Applicants)
- This PRN position both requires a minimum and will guarantee a minimum of 2-4 shifts per month.
- Shifts may be daytime, evenings, nights and/or weekends.
Atrium Health - Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH)is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping families stay close to home. Serving high patient acuity as the flagship children’s hospital within the innovative Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) LCH has 236 beds and offers more than 150 specialists across more than 30 pediatric specialties. The hospital has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement. LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U. S. News & World Report, most recently in six pediatric specialties for 2018-2019 including Cancer, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery and Orthopedics. Carolinas Medical Center along with LCH has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet program recognizes health-care organizations for their focus on improving patient care, safety and satisfaction. It also helps foster a collaborative culture for nurses, while working to advance standards and practices of care.
Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia. Atrium Health has over 3,000 system-employed providers and more than 60,000 employees, operating 45 acute care and specialty hospitals and 900-plus care locations.