Levine Children's Pediatric Nocturnist
Location: Charlotte, NC
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is looking for a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner certified in acute care, or a Physician Assistant to join their dynamic Pediatric Hospitalist team. This nocturnist (nights only) position is a .9 FTE which would be 3 12's per week (about 12 total per month). The PNP or PA will assist the team in providing care for children during their hospitalization while under the supervision and in collaboration with a licensed physician, and will be responsible for assisting with admissions, rounding, discharge planning, and discharge documentation, as a member of a care team.
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care Performs minor medical procedures
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications
- Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations
- Determines treatment plan for patient
- Documents all patient encounters, observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- 1-2 years of inpatient experience required, preferably in pediatrics
- Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works
- Must have or be eligible for a DEA license
- PNP-AC certification required (NP Applicants)
- Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required (NP Applicants)
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required (PA Applicants)
- Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred (PA Applicants)
Ideally situated between mountains and beaches, Charlotte, NC has a metropolitan area of 2.4 million that continues to experience rapid growth. Charlotte is the US’s second largest banking center and has a full array of cultural activities and professional sports teams. Charlotte offers excellent public and private school options, and North Carolina is home to several world-class universities.
Atrium Health - Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH)is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping families stay close to home. Serving high patient acuity as the flagship children’s hospital within the innovative Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System) LCH has 236 beds and offers more than 150 specialists across more than 30 pediatric specialties. The hospital has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement. LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U. S. News & World Report, most recently in seven pediatric specialties for 2019-2020 including Cancer, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopedics and Neonatology. Carolinas Medical Center along with LCH has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet program recognizes health-care organizations for their focus on improving patient care, safety and satisfaction. It also helps foster a collaborative culture for nurses, while working to advance standards and practices of care.
Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia. Atrium Health has over 3,000 system-employed providers and more than 60,000 employees, operating 45 acute care and specialty hospitals and 900-plus care locations.