PRN/Flex Pool - Experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute | Charlotte
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute’s Cardiothoracic Surgery Program is seeking experienced advanced practice providers (APPs) to provide PRN coverage. APP will function independently in the inpatient hospital setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team.
Coordinate, provide, and assist in providing comprehensive quality patient care to the Cardiology sub-specialty in collaboration with a supervising physician. Promotes a safe environment and performs all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, referral, and follow up under direction of the supervising physician. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Cross covers for all Sanger patients to include: Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery
- Manages acute problems for these Sanger patients including: change in patient status, nursing calls, patient calls, codes and RRT’s for Sanger patients we are actively following.
- Conducts H&P’s, admission orders, Consults, Plan of care orders, rounding notes/critical care notes.
- Orders and Reviews tests, labs, ECG’s etc. as indicated -Manages Triage phone line for coordination of patient care, transfers, communication with referring providers.
- Candidate must be able to work independently. Strong communication skills needed. Will be working with a variety of MDs and APPs inpatient management and coordination of patient care.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master’s Degree required. Completion of an approved NP/PA Program with current license to practice as a NP/PA in the state of North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Medical Examiner required. Prescription privilege from the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy required. Basic Life Support (BLS HCP) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Provider from AHA. Nurse Practitioner must be Acute Care Certified.