Experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute | Carolinas Medical Center (Days)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute’s Cardiothoracic Surgery program is seeking a full-time advanced care practitioner (ACP) to join our growing team. This ACP will function independently in the inpatient hospital setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team.
· Coordinate, provide, and assist in providing comprehensive quality patient care to the Cardiothoracic sub-specialty in collaboration with a supervising physician.
· Provides consultation, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, referral, and follow up under direction of the supervising physician in the pre- and postoperative setting.
· Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
· Promotes a safe environment and performs all job responsibilities in a safe manner.
· Shifts: 40 hours week – (2) 12-hour shifts and (2) 8-hour shifts
· Weekends, Holidays required. No call.
· Teaching opportunities with residents and/or ACP Fellows
· Eligible for overtime, differential pay, PTO, and Performance Incentive Bonuses
· $2500/5 days of CME
· Cross cover and round on all Cardiothoracic Surgery patients
· Obtain detailed history and perform physical exams to produce comprehensive H&Ps, consultations, daily progress notes, and discharge summaries
· Order and interpret a variety of laboratory and diagnostic testing as indicated in the pre- and postoperative setting
· Formulate and implement treatment plans with the collaboration of the supervising physician
· Manages Triage phone line for coordination of patient care, transfers, and communication with referring providers.
· Manages acute issues including: change in patient status, nursing calls, patient calls, codes and RRT’s for Sanger patients we are actively following.
· Participates in education and training of ACP students, ACP Fellows, and on-boarding of new ACP hires (when appropriate)
· Attends and participates in Atrium Health and Sanger required meetings, education, development sessions
· Candidate must be able to work independently. Strong communication skills needed. Must be a team player as they will be working with a variety of MD's and ACP's for inpatient management and coordination of patient care.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master’s Degree required. Completion of an approved NP/PA Program with current license to practice as a NP/PA in the state of North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Medical Examiner required. Experience in Cardiology, Cardiothoracic, or Vascular surgery strongly preferred. Prescription privilege from the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy required. Basic Life Support (BLS HCP) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Provider from AHA. Nurse Practitioner must be Acute Care Certified.