Experienced Heart Failure APP Opportunities
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA)
SHVI Cardiology - Advanced Heart Failure
Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute’s Advanced Heart Failure program is seeking a full-time advanced practice provider (APP) to join our growing team at Atrium Health Charlotte (Main Campus) and Atrium Health Pineville. This position is occupied by board certified acute care nurse practitioners and/or physician assistants specifically trained and proficient in providing cardiac services under the direct supervision of Heart Failure, Transplant Cardiologists. The provider in this position will function at the top of their license in the inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic-based setting in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team. They will be responsible for inpatient daily rounds, consultations, face-to-face and virtual clinic-based appointments, patient examinations, medication management, and laboratory/radiologic testing and interpretation. The APP will see and treat patients who have advanced systolic heart failure and/or diastolic heart failure from ischemic, nonischemic, infiltrative, structural, congenital or various other cardiomyopathies. The APP, working alongside the MD, will be responsible for evaluating, stabilizing, and treating patients with both acute and chronic disease.
- APP will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive patient care in various clinical settings including inpatient, outpatient, and virtual care
- Willingness to work four 10-hour shifts, 7am-5pm; inpatient weekend rotation (7am-12pm) at AH Main every 5th weekend
- No call or night shifts required
- Multidisciplinary team comprised of 7 physicians and 10 APPs across 4 facilities, 2 nurse navigators, 4 clinic nurses, 2 clinical pharmacists, 2 social workers, and various other support staff. An onsite palliative care clinic is also available
- SHVI Charlotte offers a full team of specialized heart failure providers and advanced heart failure services including:
• Multidisciplinary team comprised of 7 physicians and 10 APPs across 4 facilities, 2 nurse navigators, 4 clinic nurses, 2 clinical pharmacists, 2 social workers, and various other support staff. An onsite palliative care clinic is also available
• SHVI Charlotte offers a full team of specialized heart failure providers and advanced heart failure services including:
- Congestive heart failure
- Left-sided heart failure, including systolic and diastolic failure
- Right-sided heart failure
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Pulmonary hypertension
• Full range of heart failure treatment options, including:
- Heart transplant
- Mechanical circulatory support, including LVADs, BiVADs, Impella, IABPs, ECMO
- Total artificial heart
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Implantable devices and defibrillators
- Medication therapy and management
- Graduation for an accredited NP or PA program. Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of North and South Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS and ACLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice.
- Nurse Practitioner: Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP certification preferred based on population served. ** Must sit for and pass Certified Heart Failure Nurse (CHFN) examination within 2 years of beginning practice**
- Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- Cardiology experience required; prior heart failure experience preferred
- Demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a faced paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform a thorough history and physical assessment.
- NC/SC Licensure
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the Southeast's largest cardiac and vascular programs providing the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. Sanger employs more than 110 physicians in a network of more than 25 locations to provide the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease. Sanger has more than 50 years of experience in providing comprehensive acute and chronic cardiovascular services, including the region's only heart transplant center and pediatric heart surgery program.