Advanced Practice Provider for Orthopaedic Trauma
Location: Concord, North Carolina
The Atrium Health Musculoskeletal Institute is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible, experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for Orthopaedic Trauma at Atrium Health Cabarrus in beautiful suburban Concord, North Carolina.
This new position within Atrium Health Musculoskeletal Institute (MSKI) will work with the Chief of Orthopaedic Trauma at a Level 3 trauma center functioning in the hospital, Emergency Department, and outpatient clinic setting with emphasis on the management of orthopaedic trauma patients. The ideal candidate will assist with the disposition and management of trauma, fracture care, and acute orthopaedics.
- Evaluate Emergency Department and inpatient Orthopedic consults, including obtaining history, performing physical exams, reviewing and ordering appropriate diagnostic studies and imaging, and conferring with the on-call Orthopedic surgeon to arrange a proper treatment plan and/or follow-up schedule
- Perform procedures to include: local wound care, suturing, bedside I&Ds, traction pin placement, arthrocentesis, joint/trigger point injections, closed reductions, splint and/ cast application
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of surgical treatments for trauma patients (i.e. coordination with Trauma team, consultants, OR charge nurse, obtaining consent, etc.)
- Assist in OR as needed emergent or non-elective cases
- Perform coding and billing for consultations and procedures performed
- Facilitate discharge and disposition of trauma patients, working closely with Social Work, Clinical Case Managers, and consultant teams
- Participate in quality control initiatives
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relative experience and/or surgical background preferred.
Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Acute Care board certification required based upon population and acuity served.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Concord, North Carolina is the perfect blend of business, industrial, and residential life. Nestled in the heart of Cabarrus County, Concord offers a beautiful Historic District and an excellent variety of entertainment and leisure for visitors, as well as residents. Whether you enjoy nature, NASCAR, or shopping Concord has it all.
To read more about the community, view the Cabarrus County, NC Destination & Motorsports Guide digital magazine online.
For the top 10 things to do in Concord: https://trip101.com/article/best-things-to-do-concord-nc
Concord is 26 miles from Charlotte, NC.For fun things to do in Charlotte, NC:https://www.charlottesgotalot.com/articles/things-to-do/101-fun-things-to-do-in-charlotte
Today, more than 200 physicians work together under MSK Institute’s umbrella, which encompasses a wide array of disciplines including orthopaedic surgery, sports medicine and spine. Uniting these departments makes it easier for physicians to collaborate on innovative solutions and ensures that patients can access all the specialized care they need.
Atrium Health Cabarrus is one of the busiest centers and a key component of the MSK Institute. The institute model facilitates collaboration with research, education, and care pathways across disciplines and throughout the health system.
Additional information about the MSK Institute can be found by clicking [HERE].