Breast/Melanoma Surgical ACP
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
The Levine Cancer Institute (LCI) at Atrium Health, formerly known as Carolinas HealthCare System, is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to support a comprehensive program for breast cancer and/or melanoma surgical oncology at the LCI location in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The ACP functions primarily in a large multiple physician/multilevel ACP clinic, outpatient setting. The ACP would provide care for patients with a history of Breast Cancer and/or Melanoma, with an elevated risk of breast cancer, or with benign breast concerns.
- Performs periodic medical history, physical examinations. Monitors for signs/symptoms of cancer recurrence and/or development.
- Evaluates/treats acute concerns.
- Orders and interprets appropriate imaging an/or laboratory studies.
- Provides pre- and post-operative care.
- Performs minor in-office medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on patients' medical records.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attends, participates, and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relative experience and/or surgical background preferred.
Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGACNP, AGNP, PNP, or PNP-AC board certification preferred based population served.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing over 65,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis.The Levine Cancer Institute, part of Atrium Health, sees over 11,000 new cancer cases each year. LCI is part of an innovative vision developed to deliver world class cancer care across the system and beyond.