Advanced Practice Provider for SHVI Pediatric Cardiology – LCH 8th Floor Progressive Unit
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute’s Pediatric Cardiology program is seeking a full-time advanced practice practitioner (APP) to join our growing team. This APP will function independently in the inpatient hospital in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team for our Pediatric Cardiology/CT surgical patients on the 8th floor Progressive (step-down unit).
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate, disease specific history and physical examination of complex acute, critical, and chronic advanced heart failure patients
- Rounds daily, does daily progress notes and bills
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s specific needs, including laboratory and radiologic testing
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Determines treatment plan for patient
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner in the patient’s electronic medical record
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team including, but not limited to: physicians, nurses, medical assistants, social workers, pharmacists, dieticians, and financial coordinators.
- Performs chest tube removals, pacer wire removals
- Participate in clinical research projects
- Attends, participates, and contributes to group/practice meetings, readmission reduction efforts, and development of policies and procedures when requested
- 100% inpatient
- Opportunities for annual performance bonus available
- 40 hours a week, rotating – night call from home ( typical shifts are 7a-7p with night coverage from home- taking calls from Nurses on the floor).
- Relocation allowance, which is taxable
- 40 hours and $2,5000 annual allowance for continuing medical education (CME)
- Practice includes a multidisciplinary team comprised of MD/DO’s, ACPs, RNs, CMAs, 3 social workers, and 2 clinical pharmacists.
Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of North and South Carolina. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in North and South Carolina. Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Acute Care certification is required for this role. Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Ideally situated between mountains and beaches, Charlotte has a metropolitan area of 2.4 million that continues to experience rapid growth. Charlotte is the US’s second largest banking center and has a full array of cultural activities and professional sports teams. Charlotte offers excellent public and private school options, and North Carolina is home to several world-class universities.
Atrium Health – Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the Southeast's largest cardiac and vascular programs providing the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. Sanger employs more than 110 physicians in a network of more than 25 locations to provide the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. Sanger has more than 50 years of experience providing world-class, comprehensive acute and chronic cardiovascular services including the region's only heart transplant center and pediatric heart surgery program.