ACP - Pediatric Hospitalist (Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital)
Location: Concord, NC
Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital in Concord, NC is looking for an acute care Advanced Practitioner to join their dynamic pediatric hospitalist team. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will assist the team in providing 24/7 care for children during their hospitalization while under the supervision and in collaboration with a licensed physician. The Advanced Practitioner will be responsible for assisting with admissions, daily rounding, discharge planning, discharge documentation, as a member of a care team.
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care
- Performs minor medical procedures
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications
- Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations
- Determines treatment plan for patient
- Documents all patient encounters, observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in SC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Nurse Practitioner: Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. PNP-AC certification required.
Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Masters Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
The position is full-time 40 hours per week which will include days, evenings, and weekends