Advanced Practice Provider Opportunities for New Graduates
Location: Charlotte, NC
Advanced Practice Provider Opportunities for New Graduates at Atrium Health
Are you a new graduate who wants to work for a healthcare system that will provide training and mentoring? As part of our professional team, you will collaborate with other healthcare providers to provide optimal healthcare options to our patients. You will assess, diagnose, and evaluate treatment plans for patients and perform various additional patient care actions depending on the diagnosis. You will actively facilitate patients’ recovery by applying medical techniques and principles under the direction of a physician.
General responsibilities to include:
- Manage acute and/or chronic illness and coordinate appropriate care in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations
- Manage expected standard of care which includes obtaining history, assessing, diagnosing, and developing a plan of care and treatment for our patients
- Prescribing appropriate medications
- Counsel and educate patients on preventative care options
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions.
- Nurse Practitioner – Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Acute Care board certification required based upon population and acuity served.
- Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Many of our new graduate opportunities are awarded to our Center for Advanced Practice Fellows. If you would like to gain experience in a specific specialty, I encourage you to consider our CAP Fellowship program. Please visit their website or send an email to Fellowship.Applicants@atriumhealth.org for more details.
We will continue to update this posting on a weekly basis to highlight any new opportunities below as they become available.
- Hospitalists : Part time- weekender positions at Carolinas Rehab – Mt Holly and Carolinas Rehab – Cabarrus.
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing nearly 62,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis. The Carolinas Medical Center is an 874-bed tertiary/quaternary care hospital, ACS-verified Level I trauma center with 141 ICU bed and 74 operating rooms. Carolinas Medical Center provides 24/7 support for complex and critically ill patients including a 29-bed dedicated Surgical ICI with surgical critical care boarded coverage, advanced interventional radiology and gastrointestinal support, and a wide range of surgical subspecialists.