Advanced Practice Provider for General Surgery
Location: Albemarle, North Carolina
The Department of Surgery at Atrium Health – Stanly in Albemarle, North Carolina, is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join its current team of two surgeons and one APP in the Section of General Surgery.
This full-time position includes:
- A broad-based general surgery practice (elective and acute) at Atrium Health – Stanly
- Monday through Friday 8am-5pm schedule with occasional call coverage and weekend rounding
- Both inpatient and outpatient work
- Call schedule approximately 4 weeknights a month and no more than 1 in every 4 weekends
- No trauma call or coverage
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relative experience and/or surgical background preferred.
- Nurse Practitioner – Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Acute Care board certification required based upon population and acuity served.
- Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
Albemarle is located in the beautiful Uwharrie Lakes region of Piedmont North Carolina, and is conveniently located near two of the state’s largest urban areas-Charlotte and the Piedmont Triad area. Morrow Mountain State Park is just east of the City, and attracts visitors from across the state. Tuckertown Lake, Badin Lake, and Lake Tillery are all located within a few minutes drive of Albemarle, and offer a multitude of opportunities for boating, fishing, and swimming. Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities are available at Morrow Mountain State Park and the nearby Uwharrie National Forest. The City’s Parks and Recreation Department operates several beautiful parks and a large recreation program.
Atrium Health is one of the largest, most comprehensive and integrated, public, not-for-profit systems in the nation compromising more than 7,500 licensed beds, employing nearly 62,000 people and accounting for more than 12 million patient encounters on an annual basis.
For nearly 65 years, people have trusted Atrium Health – Stanly with their healthcare needs. With 109 beds, Stanly is accredited by The Joint Commission and holds advanced certifications in the treatment of diabetes and stroke. As a charter member of Levine Cancer Institute, Atrium Health – Stanly is changing the course of cancer care by removing the barriers that separate patients from access to world-class care and breakthrough treatments.