ACP - Geriatrics opportunity
Location: Charlotte, NC
Carolinas HealthCare System is now Atrium Health. Atrium is a place filled with light, where each and every heartbeat begins, where connections are made, bringing health, hope and healing FOR ALL!
CHS Senior Care works with the integrated delivery system of Carolinas HealthCare System to maximize patient function and quality of life to meet the unique needs of elderly patients and their families by designing innovative care models.
We are actively seeking an Advanced Practitioner to join our Geriatrics team. This position functions primarily in a post-acute and long-term care setting with emphasis on assessment and improvement of function, memory care, reduction of polypharmacy and advanced care planning for older individuals
Patient care will include on call/after hour responsibilities. Experience preferred.
· Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments
· Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care
· Performs minor medical and/or surgical procedures
· Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications
· Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations
· Determines treatment plan for patient
· Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
· Acts as a patient advocate for the population served
· Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested
Education, Experience and Certifications
· Must have or be eligible for a DEA license
· Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the state one works
· Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing required
· BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice
· Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate
· Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required
· License to practice as a Registered Nurse required
· Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required
· ACNP, AGACNP, or AGNP certification required
· Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
· Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies
· Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms
· Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity
· Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations
Education, Experience and Certifications. Nurse Practitioner Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required.